Summer is coming, mamas! If you’re like me, you’re busy filling a Summer Pinterest board full of fun activities to entertain your kids. Also, if you’re like me, you might actually only do one of those things. Or maybe, you’ll do several of them but they will be so far off from the “Pinterest-worthy” crafts they were intended to be that you will tell no one, show no one, pretend as if it never happened. Don’t forget to throw out the Hobby Lobby receipt, sister.
Ahhh but we try, right mamas? And for that reason, I bring you a big ole’ list of Critter Crafts that you can totally do with your kids this Summer. They are easy, they are cute. They are fun. They are doable for craft-challenged people like myself. Be sure to make it to the bottom of this post for some bonuses!
Photo Credit: “Thumbprint Bug Art Flower Pot” by Mom Always Finds Out
We’re diving right in with everyone’s favorite right at the top of the forty totally fun critter crafts lists! These thumbprint bug art flower pots are some of the cutest things I have ever seen! Mom Always Finds Out did a great job showing us all how she created these masterpieces with her children. What I love about them most is how imperfectly perfect they are. Although she drew on the bug bodies and had her kids use their fingerprints for the wings, as long as the kids were close to the body, that was okay. They didn’t have to perfectly aligned at all. Although we all strive to teach our children how to do things the right way, I’m happy to see there is no right or wrong way to do this craft, AND if you have a little one who really just wants to do their own thing, no worries, turn those various dots into ladybugs or some other little critter! Read her full tutorial and get a look at MORE adorable pictures from this fun project HERE.
Photo Credit: “Candy Butterflies” by Mom Endeavors
Edible crafts are the best! And although the candy butterflies made by Mom Endeavors aren’t made from the healthiest snacks around, we can modify them to suit our own family however we want! Switch out the candies for fruit, fruit chips, raw veggies, or dehydrated yogurt bites. Personally, I need someone to make me a candy butterfly with vegan fruit chews and grapes asap! Grab this quick tutorial HERE.
Photo Credit: “Bottle Cap Lady Bug Magnet” by Suburbia Unwrapped
Don’t you love these cute bug magnets from Suburbia Unwrapped? My quick tip would be to skip the paint by purchasing your bottle caps in red (or various colors if you want to keep some on hand for other crafts) before you begin. If you do, all you will need to make your bottle cap lady bug magnets is the magnets themselves, a Sharpie, and googly eyes. Easy! Learn more AND see more critter craft ideas before you begin HERE.
Photo Credit: “Hungry Caterpillar Craft” by Artsy Craftsy Mom
The Very Hungry Caterpillar is very high up there on my “Ultimate Children’s Book” list! There are so many resources available to go along with the book that you cannot help but to fall in love with Eric Carle and everything you Hungry Caterpillar you can get your hands on! Inspired by the book, Artsy Craftsy Mom created an adorable collection of bug crafts with her children. Learn how to make a caterpillar, butterfly, AND spider craft with your children HERE.
Photo Credit: “Easy Paper Butterfly” by Red Ted Art
If you have five minutes, you can make these adorable butterflies! Red Ted Art tells us that this butterfly isn’t quite origami, but because it uses basic origami techniques it is the perfect craft to start with when introducing your children to origami, OR if you are brushing up on those folding skills during your fine motor or grasping exercises. Learn more about these Easy Paper Butterflies and find MORE fun critter crafts HERE.
40 Totally Fun Critter Crafts for Kids
Still looking for adorable critter crafts? Click on the links below to read the tutorials for more than forty totally fun critter crafts! Please leave a comment letting my friends know you found them at On Moxie and Motherhood!
- Rock Garden Caterpillar by Nellie Bellie
- Paper Towel Butterfly by Skip To My Lou
- Pipe Cleaner Snail by Artsy Craftsy Mom
- Button And Pipe Cleaner Caterpillar by Coffee With Us 3
- Thumbprint Bug Art Flower Pot by Mom Always Finds Out
- Butterfly Button Art by Or So She Says
- Pinecone Butterfly by Inspiration Made Simple
- Easy Paper Butterfly by Red Ted Art
- Egg Carton Caterpillars by Skip To My Lou
- Candy Butterflies by Mom Endeavors
- Craft Stick Dragonfly by Artsy Craftsy Mom
- Butterfly Straw Shooters by Inspiration Made Simple
- Ladybug Tic Tac Toe by Chicken Scratch NY
- Popsicle Stick Lizards by Mama To 6 Blessings
- Bumblebee Garden Stake by Coffee With Us 3
- Butterfly Finger Knitting by Red Ted Art
- Lady bug Hotel by Pink Fortitude
- Crepe Paper Butterfly by Artsy Craftsy Mom
- Ladybug Whimsy by Mainly Homemade
- 3D Paper Lady Bug by Crafting Reality
- Green Bug Slime by Mom Luck
- Bottle Cap Lady Bug Magnet by Suburbia Unwrapped
- Golf Ball Lady Bug by Turning the Clock Back
- Toilet Paper Roll Dragonfly by Red Ted Art
- Hungry Caterpillar Craft by Artsy Craftsy Mom
- Coffee Filter Ladybug by Look were Learning
- Homemade Sidewalk Chalk by Finding Zest
- Upcycled Herb Planter by Pillar Box Blue
- A is for Ant by Eating Richly
- Accordion Fold Paper Butterfly by Artsy Craftsy Mom
- Handprint Butterfly by A Mom’s Inspiration
- Paracord Dragonfly by Red Ted Art
- Stick and Leaf Butterfly Craft by Artsy Craftsy Mom
- Paper Towel Butterfly by Hustle Mom Repeat
- Bug Magnets by The Country Chic Cottage
- Stick Bug by Mom Endeavors
- Butterfly Finger Puppets by Or So She Says
- Toilet Paper Roll Mini Beast by Red Ted Art
- Toilet Roll Butterfly by Look Were Learning
- Critter Cave by Mama To 6 Blessings
BONUS Worksheets & Recipes:
- Find The Bugs Worksheet by Aimee Geroux
- Bug Theme Pom Pom Match Game (Worksheet) by Artsy Craftsy Mom
- Peanut Butter Bumble Bees Recipe by Eating Richly
- Ladybug Dirt Cupcake Recipe by Arts and Crackers
- Tangerine Butterfly Snack by Eating Richly
Disclaimer: Never use blogger photos without permission. The Virtual Assistant (Victoria) who prepared this list obtained permission to use the photos included in this article as a member of the Craft and Food Roundup group. Links were submitted by blog owners/representatives and are being used in accordance to the group rules.
Hi, I’m Jessica! I am wife to Chris, and mom to Kaiper, Alana and our silver lab pup, Maui. We are expecting baby #3 right now, and excited to become a family of 5! I am a freelance website & blog developer, Co-Founder of Moxie Girl Fit Club, and aspiring author. I share about everything from parenting, how to make money from home, tutorials for my fellow bloggers, fitness and being a new homeschool family. Learn more about me here.