I truly feel like one of the world’s greatest gifts is spending time with my kids and husband. I was inspired to make this list of family trip quotes because my family and I have made it a goal to travel more, try more new things, and check out more new places. I’ve decided to start making photo albums (yes, actually printed albums) of our adventures, and I wanted to add some quotes to them! Taking family adventures is literally my favorite thing to do, so here I am sharing with you my favorite family travel quotes.
We really do get to experience the world in a whole new way as adults from the eyes of a child. Having kids has given me a greater sense of childlike wonder that I lost as I grew up. One of the best things and my favorite part of the experience of taking family trips is seeing what my kids notice, what they get excited about, and what their favorite parts were at the end of each trip. At the end of the day, some of the best education can come from life experiences, and the best way for your kids to learn new things is to be exposed to the world and all it has to offer.
So, let’s dive into the best family travel quotes:
35 Best Family Trip Quotes
- A family that travels together, stays together. – Unknown
- A family vacation is an opportunity to relax, to reconnect, and to create memories that will last a lifetime. – Unknown
- A family vacation is the ultimate test of togetherness. – Charles Schulz
- A journey with family is a journey of love, laughter and lifelong memories. – Unknown
- Family trips are about creating memories that will last a lifetime. They’re not about perfection, they’re about the journey. – Unknown
- The family that travels together, bonds forever. – Unknown
- The memories of a family trip are the best souvenirs. – Unknown
- The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page. – Saint Augustine
- Travel is the best kind of education for children. – Unknown
- Traveling as a family is like cooking a big pot of soup. It may seem chaotic as each ingredient is added, but in the end, it brings a unique and delicious flavor to the table. – Unknown
- Traveling with family is not about perfection, it’s about making memories and creating a bond that will last forever. – Unknown
- Traveling with kids is like being in a circus. There’s never a dull moment, but it can be tiring and sometimes stressful, but ultimately it’s an amazing experience. – Unknown
- The greatest legacy we can leave our children is happy memories.– Og Mandino
- Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory. – Dr. Seuss
- Fill your life with experiences, not things. Have stories to tell, not stuff to show.
- Traveling in the company of those we love is home in motion.– Leigh Hunt
- Don’t count the days. Make the days count.– Muhammad Ali.
- In the end, kids won’t remember that fancy toy you bought them, they will remember the time you spent with them. – Kevin Heath
- Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.– Helen Keller
- There are no perfect parents and there are no perfect children, but there are plenty of perfect moments along the way. – Dave Willis
- Every day we make deposits in the memory banks of our children. – Charles R Swindoll
- Take only memories, leave only footprints. – Chief Seattle
- Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind! – Dr. Seuss
- Travel, in the younger sort, is a part of education; in the elder, a part of experience. – Francis Bacon
- Travel changes you. As you move through this life and this world you change things slightly, you leave marks behind, however small. And in return, life — and travel — leaves marks on you. – Anthony Bourdain
- If you don’t know where you are going, any road will get you there. – Lewis Carroll
- Blessed are the curious as they shall have adventures. – Lovelle Drachman
- Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one’s lifetime. – Mark Twain
- It doesn’t matter where you are going, it matters who you have beside you. – Hodding Carter
- A family vacation is like a journey through time – it takes you back to your childhood and makes new memories for the future. – Oprah Winfrey
- Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life. – Dolly Parton
- Once the travel bug bites there is no known antidote, and I know that I shall be happily infected until the end of my life. – Michael Palin
- There was nowhere to go but everywhere, so just keep on rolling under the stars. – Jack Kerouac
- You can’t stay in your corner of the forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes. – A. A. Milne
- The mountains are calling and I must go. – John Muir
Ways to Use Great Family Travel Quotes
Here are some ideas I had of ways that you can use these family vacation quotes:
- Pick one quote per trip and make it a “theme” or motto for the trip.
- If you’re staying in an AirBNB or VRBO type place, you could get a cute little sign or picture frame printed with the quote inside, write a nice little note about how the accommodations contributed to your experience, and leave it behind for them (don’t forget to snap a pic first).
- Have a family photo taken in each of the interesting new places you travel to, and frame it with one of the inspirational travel quotes.
- Add the quotes to a photo album like I plan to do, after each trip.
Wishing you a lifetime of adventures!
In my opinion, as a mom of 3, one of the most beautiful things we can give our children is the traditions of family vacations. And in no way does that mean they have to be expensive trips. It could be a short day trip to somewhere free like a spring or river, or a hike. It could be a road trip, long-planned ahead summer vacations, or trips to visit family in different places. You don’t have to be able to see the 7 wonders of the world or anything extravagant (though that would be cool, goals). Your biggest adventure is just exploring new things as a family! For family travel inspiration, especially in Florida, follow me on Instagram! We are starting to share all of our trips!
Other Posts You May Like:
Hi, I’m Jessica! I am wife to Chris, and mom to Kaiper, Alana and Koa. I am a graphic designer, website developer and aspiring author. In this space, I share about everything from parenting, working from home, food we cook, and lots of things for kids! Learn more about me here.