Where are all my book loving moxie mamas out there? The ones who know that personal development is KEY to being an entrepreneur, and CRUCIAL to being a mamaprenuer. The ones who make it work, even if they can’t sit down to read cause ehhh, they can barely sit down, but they know they can pop those headphones in while doing dishes or listen to an audiobook in the car on the way home from preschool drop off because it makes them better all around: more knowledgable, better attitude, more positive outlook, more inspired. You are so moxie, mama.
This list is for you, and this list is also for your friends & family, seriously books are THE best gifts.
For audiobooks, I personally love Audible. I also speed mine up to 1.25x so the audio goes a bit faster than normal but not fast enough that you would really notice if I didn’t tell you that. This allows me to listen faster, and because I normally only get about 15-20 minutes per day to listen to a book, this is important!
So lets jump in! This list is in no particular order, I just scrolled through my extensive Audible library and instantly knew my favorites, although I will admit I had to edit down because I had more than 10 I wanted to share.
Top 10 Personal Development Books for Momprenuers
1. Take the Stairs by Rory Vaden – LOVE this book. It focuses on 7 steps to achieving true success in an “escalator-world”. These is one of my all-time favorites that I will repeat listen to because I always learn something new from it.
2. The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy – This was one of the first “personal development” books I ever read, and at the risk of sounding dramatic, it changed my life…for real. This is one of those books that not only applies to business, but every area of your life. This is a MUST read.
3. The Aladdin Factor: How to Ask for and Get What You Want in Every Area of Your Life by Jack Canfield & Mark Victor Hansen – So confession: the first time I saw the cover of this book I was like, nope no thanks. But you know the saying, “Don’t judge a book by it’s cover” right? My friend and business mentor actually suggested this to me, which is the only reason I decided to give it a try and I am so thankful that I did. This book really spoke right to the inner child in me who taught myself not to ask for what I needed or wanted, which bleeds over into every area of your life. Another must read here, moxie mamas.
4. The Art of Exceptional Living by Jim Rohn – Another confession for you, the first time I heard Jim Rohn’s voice I was severely annoyed. My husband played a YouTube video of him speaking and I couldn’t quite focus on what he was saying because all I could think about was the way he put emphasis on certain words that just bothered me. But, then I found myself driving overnight from Maryland to Florida and I needed something to listen to. I had heard this was a good read, so I gave his voice another chance and after I got used to it I learned to appreciate his uniqueness. In fact, this book was so good that I listened to the entire thing from start to finish on that trip, and considered repeating it, voice and all.
5. The Go-Giver, by Bob Burg and John David Mann – This book will not only inspire you, but teach you valuable business ideas and motivate you. Always at the top of my list and one I plan to re-listen to. Do I say that about every one of them? Maybe so, but that’s why this my top 10 list!
6. The Energy Bus: 10 Rules to Fuel Your Life, Work, and Team with Positive Energy by Jon Gordon – Ooooh the positive energy. This is an amazing book that will inspire you beyond belief. This is another book that applies to all areas of your life and business and one of my all-time favorites.
7. The 5 Second Rule by Mel Robbins – Life changer right here, moxie mamas. Life changer. Again, a book that applies to your entire life, will totally transform your business, and inspire permanent change. If you are a moxie mama, you have to read this one. If you know a moxie mama, you have to gift her this one.
8.The Obstacle Is the Way: The Timeless Art of Turning Trials into Triumph by Ryan Holiday – If you are at a point where you feel stuck, this is a must read. I actually happened upon this book when I was at a point in my business where I felt stuck, after the loss of my mom I just couldn’t get back on track. I choose what books I read (or listen to) based upon the area I need the most help in at the time, and so I searched for the perfect book to help me get through that period and reclaim my business after the hard stop I made. This was THE perfect book. I highly recommend it.
9. The 12 Week Year: Get More Done in 12 Weeks Than Others Do in 12 Months by Brian Moran – Have I said that all of these books are life-changers? Well they are, and this one is no exception. This book teaches you methods to break down your long-term goals into short, more focused tasks to actually get yourself where you want to be in less time. Got goals moxie mama? Read this one.
10. Mastering Your Mean Girl: The No-BS Guide to Silencing Your Inner Critic and Becoming Wildly Wealthy, Fabulously Healthy, and Bursting with Love by Melissa Ambrosini – Last on the list, but certainly not least, the title says it all. We all have an inner mean girl, and you are no exception I’m sure. I was so inspired by this book that I have considered doing a free book club group just to spread the word. All moxie mamas should read this one.
So there you have it, my current favorite 10 personal development books. I say current because a good moxie mama is always reading new books, learning, and growing. As I find new favorites, I’ll make a new list or update this one. Until then, make sure you add these to your library and soak it all in! Or, gift these to your favorite moxie mamas for the holidays!
Hi, I’m Jessica! I am wife to Chris, and mom to Kaiper, Alana and our silver lab pup, Maui. We are expecting baby #3 right now, and excited to become a family of 5! I am a freelance website & blog developer, Co-Founder of Moxie Girl Fit Club, and aspiring author. I share about everything from parenting, how to make money from home, tutorials for my fellow bloggers, fitness and being a new homeschool family. Learn more about me here.