This vegan sun-dried tomato & spinach flatbread recipe is a staple in our home. It’s easy, delicious, and can be tailored to your tastes. Pair this with my vegan almond ricotta to make it a vegan flatbread, or use regular ricotta to have a vegetarian flatbread. We like stonefire naan flatbread, but another great thing about this recipe is that you can use any flatbreads you like! You may like a thinner crust, or thicker! You can also customize toppings to make this vegan flatbread recipe your own! Hope you enjoy!
Vegan Sun Dried Tomato & Spinach Flatbread
- 4 Flatbreads of choice (personal size, so each flatbread feeds 1 person)
- 6-8 ounces vegan ricotta (see my recipe) (You can use regular ricotta for a vegetarian flatbread)
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms (We use baby portobello but you can use any of your favorite mushrooms)
- 6-8 ounces fresh spinach
- sun dried tomatoes – we prefer the jarred kind in oil (to taste)
- balsamic glaze (to taste)
- garlic powder (to taste)
- 1 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- If you have a pizza stone, stick it in the oven to preheat.
- In a medium pan, preheat olive oil or avocado oil, then add mushrooms (season with salt & pepper to taste). Sauté until just tender. (You don't want to overcook, as they'll also be going into the oven.)
- Read the package instructions for your flatbreads. Most require a little "pre-toasting" where you'll place them in the oven for a couple of minutes before you add toppings.
- Once toasted, or if not pre-heating/toasting, spread vegan ricotta on evenly in a semi-thin layer on flatbread, top with mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, a bit of fresh spinach and a dash of garlic powder.
- Place flat breads into oven (you may need to do two at a time depending on the size of your oven).
- Bake until browning and crispy around the edges then remove from the oven to a cutting board.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze, cut and enjoy!
If you like this post, you make also like:
Carrot Cake Roll with Cream Cheese Filling
Hi, I’m Jessica! I am wife to Chris, and mom to Kaiper, Alana and Koa. I am a graphic designer, website developer and aspiring author. In this space, I share about everything from parenting, working from home, food we cook, and lots of things for kids! Learn more about me here.